Your Baton Rouge Roof Installation Experts
The longer you live in your home, the higher the probability of you facing the need for a complete Baton Rouge roof installation and the very least a good roof repair. Baton Rouge home owners are particularly at high risk considering Louisiana’s extreme heat during summer months and frequent storms. There are many factors that contribute to your roof deterioration. Some of these factors are more common than others. The fact remains, here in Louisiana if you have not replaced your roof within the past ten years chances are you need a complete Baton Rouge roof installation.
Elements That Punish Your Roof
There is no way around it. Your roof is out there facing the harsh elements and one day it will have to be replaced. Baton Rouge roof replacement is something we see everyday. Your roof has to maintain its integrity in order to protect everything underneath it. Here are some of the top elements that fight your roof daily;
- Sun: The extreme heat from the sun’s UV rays in time can destroy your roof. The temperatures from the sun will expand and shrink your roof material. This constant shifting will eventually leave cracks where water can seep through. Have your roof inspected at least every 5 years.
- Wind: Living in Louisiana we certainly know that every year we will experience strong wind gusts. Sometimes from storms that come from the Gulf of Mexico. Wind can pull the roofing shingles away from the underlayment and allow debris or water to set under the shingles. This is no good for your roof and needs to be dealt with immediately.
- Rain: Rain has a tendency to fall in a sideways manner. When rain is accompanied by wind it can blow underneath shingles and cause havoc to your roof’s underlayment and sheathing. Once the rain/water has made its way inside your home, it can lead to mold which is very expensive to remove.
- Lichen: A lichen is a composite organism that arises from algae or cyanobacteria (or both) living among filaments of a fungus in a symbiotic relationship. Lichen is more commonly recognized as moss and algae. Moss and algae are so harmful to your roofing shingles that they will negate your shingles manufactures warranty. make sure you keep your roof clean.
- Trees: Trees too close to your home can cause damage to your roof. Trees have heavy branches that can puncture your roofing shingles. In addition, fallen leaves can fill your gutters and block your downspout systems. Make sure you trim your tree branches keeping the branches away from your roof.
These are some of the more common elements that can harm your roof. By keeping your roof clean and trimming away branches, you prolong the life of your roof and postpone any need for Baton Rouge roof installation. Ryson Roofing recommends having your roof inspected at least once every 5 years. This will keep you in the know and protect your home.